The first-ever virtual Kafka Summit 2020 kicks off next month in the comfort of your home office, couch, spare bedroom, living room, outbuilding, lanai, veranda, or in-home portico, featuring an action-packed program led by experts in the Apache Kafka® community. That is, led by some of you.
As is the custom in these days of virtual events, attendance is free, but it was usually not about the cost of the ticket—it’s always been about the time. Here are five reasons why this event is worth your scarce attention on August 24th and 25th:
- Gain valuable insight into the future of Apache Kafka from eight keynote speakers: Sam Newman, author of “Monolith to Microservices,” Jay Kreps, Gwen Shapira, and technology leaders at Citigroup, Humana, Expedia Group, Nuuly, and Lowe’s.
- Learn from the best in the industry with 52 breakout sessions and 12 lightning talks. Whether you’re new to Kafka or a you’re committer, there’s something to learn at Kafka Summit.
- Exchange ideas with like-minded professionals during Birds of a Feather sessions hosted by Kafka contributors and experts. Can’t go to the hallway track, because there’s nobody to talk to in your hallway? This is how we fix that. Choose from BOFs for newcomers, architects, IT leaders, the public sector, women in Kafka, and more.
- Ask questions in real time through live Q&A during the breakout sessions. This is a thing you’ve always been able to do in person, and you can do it at the online Summit too! You can find lots of great Kafka videos online, but engaging with speakers live is something you don’t want to miss.
- Network with 15,000+ Kafka enthusiasts around the world. Actually relating to other people is the foundation of any technology community, so we’ve got opportunities for you to do this online. Meet the ecosystem of sponsors and visit the “ask the experts” area to get answers or just get to know people.
Register now for Kafka Summit 2020 for FREE.
Ahead of Summit, we invite you to join us for these sessions which will be accessible on the following days and include a live Q&A:
- Wednesday, August 19th: Apache Kafka Fundamentals course. Get an understanding of the basics of Kafka, getting you far enough to start trying out some Kafka Tutorials or taking further training.
- Thursday, August 20th: Certification Bootcamp. Get an exam overview and access to tips and tricks for taking the test more effectively.
And if you do want to continue your formal study, you can get 10% off any one of our training courses using code KS2020TR, redeemable by Friday, August 28th. If you think you’ve studied enough, then get 50% off of one of our Certification exams. Contact email@example.com for redemption information.
Hope to see you all virtually on August 24th–25th. I will be there just like normal!
Tim Berglund is a teacher, author and technology leader with Confluent, where he serves as the senior director of developer advocacy. He can frequently be found at speaking at conferences in the U.S. and all over the world. He is the co-presenter of various O’Reilly training videos on topics ranging from Git to distributed systems, and is the author of Gradle Beyond the Basics. He lives in Littleton, CO, U.S., with the wife of his youth.